This is an exercice on small tsu, small ya, yu, yo and long vowels.
- Print one page of Datei:Squared page.pdf.
- Write the words below in hiragana.
- Write horizontally from left to right on a squared paper, one word per line.
- Remember to write the small hiragana in the correct part of the square.
- Vowels with macron (ā, ī, ū, ē, ō) are long; unless indicated, they are written with common spelling.
- Uncommon spelling is indicated with [!] right behind the syllable.
- When syllable split is ambiguous, an apostrophe (') is added between two syllables.
- shūryō — end, termination
- obāchan — grandmother (familiar form of address)
- tassē — achievement
- shin'nyūsē — new student
- honō[!] — flame, blaze
- ryūgaku — exchange study
- atarashī — new
- onē[!]san — sister
- ka'nyū — becoming a member
- kan'yū — invitation, solicitation