This is an exercice on hiragana rows ra (ra ri ru re ro) and wa (wa wo), as well as basic punctuation in Japanese.
- Print one or two pages of Datei:Squared page.pdf.
- Write the sentences below in hiragana. Replace western-style punctuation by the appropriate Japanese equivalent.
- Write horizontally from left to right on a squared paper; start a new line for every sentence.
- Remember to write the punctuation in the correct part of the square.
- Spaces between words and capital letters are merely added for reading ease; they do not apply to the Japanese text.
- Yoru ga mori wo yami de tsutsumu.
The evening shrouds the forest in darkness.
- Watashi mo Yoshiko mo karai mono wo taberaremasu.
Both myself and Yoshiko can eat spicy things.
- Omoshiroi yume wo mita.
I had an interesting dream.
- Yoshimitsu ha yumi ha mochimashita ga, ya ha wasuremashita.
Yoshimitsu had brought his bow, but had forgotten his arrows.